Kernel

Dominik Mierzejewski dmierzej at elka.pw.edu.pl
Mon Apr 23 20:30:10 CEST 2001

Lukas Dobrek wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:05:36PM +0200, Tomasz K?oczko wrote:
> > OK but probaly it is possible add abilities for build kernel without all
> > patches using bcond.
> > BTW current our bcont. IMHO it is time to change all bcond macros to
> > with/without convention which is in cvs verion rpm. It will be good have
> > all compliant with rpm 4.0.3 before release final 4.0.3.
>
> Ok this is elegant but in this way the kernel builded only from Linus
> sources will never apear on the ftp.  And I cannot see the good reason
> for that.  Every time when I will need this kernel I will have to build
> it by my own.  And I dont like this idea.

Create a subpackage then. I.e. kernel-unpatched or kernel-vanilla
or whatever :-). Of course this means doubling the build process:
one (optional) pass without patches, one with them.

IMVHO this is a reasonable idea.

--
"Bryson, personal journal update. 11 June 2263. I've made contact."
	-- Dr. Bryson in Babylon 5:"The River of Souls"