Problems with x86 installation

Michal Moskal malekith at pld.org.pl
Fri Aug 10 22:53:21 CEST 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:35:26AM -0700, Bob Van Cleef wrote:

> > > Maybe you could cite last few messages from installation?
> > > After 100...200... etc?
> >
> > I'll go back and run a re-installation.  I do not remember any error
> > messages at all and did not record any in my notes.
>
> 1 - I saw an error, but, as a first-timer, didn't realize it was an error
> message: Poldeck: Buggy package set
> I would recommend expanding it to something like:
> 	Poldeck: Fatal error - buggy package set

Yes, you're right.

> 2 - If I do not change the package selections, the installation
> appears to run - it is running as I type on another system.
>     If I select all packages, it fails.
>     If I only add:
> 	Apache web server + PHP
> 	MySQL database server
>     it still fails.
>
> Running "installer | more" I see:
> 	broken dependencies
> 		apache-mod_perl-1.26-1
> 		mysql-bench-3.23.39.-1
> 		mysql-extras-perl-3.23.39-1
> 		(and others)
> 	not found
> 		php - a bunch of stuff
> 		rsynch and others

I don't know what it is exactly. Anyway you surly can install
base and then add apache. I hope we'll be able to fix it soon, though.

> Recommendation:
> 	Have installer keep a log so that the output could be
> reviewed for errors.

It's kept. In /var/log/installer afair.

> Of course, apache, php and mysql are central to my interest in
> this distribution, so this is a disappointment.

Well, I have them running... :)

--
: Michal ``,/\/\,       '' Moskal    | |            : GCS {C,UL}++++$
:          |    |alekith      @    |)|(| . org . pl : {E--, W, w-,M}-