wine libs

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at pld.org.pl
Sun Feb 4 13:06:18 CET 2001

Hi,

I have just installed wine-20010112-1.i386.rpm. But I don't like this
package. The first thing is: it doesn't seem to work for my (but it may
be config problem).
The thing I hate most about the package is where it have placed wine
libraries (DLL):
/usr/X11R6/lib/libadvapi32.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libavifil32.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libavifile.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libcomctl32.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libcomdlg32.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libcomm.so

/usr/X11R6/lib is not a good place for libraries designed for other
system. What if we have "libcomm.so" (or anything else) in some other
package?
IMHO those libraries should go to eg. /usr/X11R6/lib/wine. The only
libraries which should stay there are:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine.so.1.0
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine_tsx11.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine_tsx11.so.1.0
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine_unicode.so
/usr/X11R6/lib/libwine_unicode.so.1.0
(these seem to be normal linux libraries).

And if any application (I don't thing we have such in our packages) need
to be linked with whose DLLs, we can allways add
"-L/usr/X11R6/lib/wine/" to its LDFLAGS.

Greets,
        Jacek