Installation problem

martii at obgyn.edu.pl martii at obgyn.edu.pl
Tue Mar 20 16:37:56 CET 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:53:54PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> > Is there any elegant solution of this problem ??
> Maybe we should add SCSI boot image to the CDROM too. New BIOSes
> should give user a choice of the boot image. But will all SCSI driver
> fit on one floppy image? But AFAIK hard-disk images can also be used
> for making bootable-CDROMS.
> Will such CDROM work on any machine, with any BIOS?

I was booting PLD from scsi cd-rom some time ago and found no problems. I think all better controllers (like adaptec with BIOS) are supporting booting from CD like it's made with IDE cd-rom's.

So this is the best solution. But even then you will have to load SCSI modules as Sebastian described it. After booting from scsi CD-rom, this drive not exists in system. It's working rather as /dev/fd0 device (/dev/fd0 is switched to /dev/fd1 I think)

Martii