RPM

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl
Fri Mar 23 17:03:07 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:37:19PM +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> There are 5 new macros which can be defined in spec files:
[...]
> %_noautoprov             --- lists capabilities which should not
>                                 be added as "Requires"

You mean "Provides" here?

> 2) I couldn't build the rpm package:
> ../lib/.libs/librpm.so: undefined reference to `db3vec'
> ../lib/.libs/librpm.so: undefined reference to `db3Free'
> ../lib/.libs/librpm.so: undefined reference to `db3New'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [dump] Error 1
>
> $ rpm -q db3 db3-devel
> db3-3.1.17-6
> db3-devel-3.1.17-6

I don't have any problem to build rpm on my machine - recent
rpm.spec and patches, db{,-devel,-static}-3.1.17-3.
Symbols db3vec, db3Free, db3New are defined in librpm.so.

BTW, there is also db3 3.2.9 in SOURCES (for openoffice)...
But simply changing version in db3.spec is not enough to build.

> I would like to commit my improvements as soon as possible (if nobody
> objects, of course), but I don't know how to make rpm build.

And my (independent of above) proposal is adding macros:

%debugcflags    -O0 -g
%rpmcflags      %{?debug:%debugcflags}%{!?debug:%optflags}
%rpmldflags     %{!?debug:-s}

Any objections? Alternative names?
If not, I'm going to put those lines to macros.pld.

--
Jakub Bogusz
http://prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl/~qboosh/