mass commits

Artur Skura arturs at iidea.pl
Fri Apr 26 08:43:11 CEST 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:49:32PM +0200, Michal Kochanowicz wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:22:41PM +0200, Artur Skura wrote:
> > Is there a special policy regarding large bulk of commits?
> > Should it be done in the night/in small portions?
> Ask someone using modem what he thinks about several thousand emails a
> day --- you will generate that amount if you are going to touch every
> single spec.
>
> Is there a reason for which you can't wait until you review last spec
> and then simply do:
> cvs ci

Yup, I'm sorry, it was stupid. Is there a way to turn of mail notifications?
Of course I tried cvs ci first, then after one hour of waiting it failed.

I mean this whole thing would be something trivial (having read this
'oure' 20 times or so I thought maybe I change it, even if it doesn't
matter really, the specs will look neater). Then it showed that
the commit list instead helpping turns enemy if you change more files.
I think these small changes should not be noticed, they don't even merit a
changelog entry! I would like to be able to specify
cvs ci "[no-commit-list] some tiny changes noone cares about" to
avoid sending mail to the list. Is it possible?

Regards,
Artur
--
http://www.wolneprogramy.org