BuilderReq check

Marcin Chojnowski martii at obgyn.edu.pl
Mon Dec 9 15:32:35 CET 2002

Hi folks,

I got one idea chow to check if all BR are in our spec files and if none
is missing.

My idea is as follows:

1 standalone machine for checking BR
2 chroots with minimal set of packages (poldek -i rpm-build)
3 we will use builder script for getting spec files with surces
4 than use poldek for installing BR
5 we store list of installed packages (accordnig what poldek installed)
6 after build was successful or not buildlog is created and send
7 all packages installed are removed (chroot from point 2)

Advantages:
Thare are alot of specs that require more BR for building. Problem is
shown only when someone tries to build spec if has brand new devel PLD
installed.

For ex it could be aviable to people that makes new specs and want to
add all BR needed. I think that we should build is such way some current
packages than to send to builder all specs aviable.

Disadvantages:
eats a lot of hard drive bandwith and CPU time, very low performance.

What do you think about ??

Martii