python 2.2-12

wrobell wrobell at ite.pl
Thu Feb 14 00:54:02 CET 2002

Um... I have fscked some changelog part and release bumping, hell.
Sorry guys.

Remove all python packages but leave python-devel and python-libs.

Let's try following example:

    #include <Python.h>

    int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
        Py_Initialize();
        PyRun_SimpleString("print 2**4");
        Py_Finalize();
        return 0;
    }

Compile it with:
    gcc -o try try.c -I /usr/include/python2.2/ -lpython2.2

Run created binary.
It seems that python library requires some basic modules:

    Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
    Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    16

I have moved some modules from python to python-libs package.
Now, an application, which use embedded python scripts
requires only python-libs package (before: python and python-libs).

Now, there are some questions:
1. gnumeric requires python-libs or python-modules?
2. postgresql-module-plpython requires python-libs or python-modules?
3. ... and there is more i think...

    wrobell <wrobell at ite.pl>