[MBT] new ticket for pkg FHS "FHS"

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Mon Jul 15 20:18:20 CEST 2002

On 15 Jul 2002 bugs at pld.org.pl wrote:

> Date: 2002-07-15 16:23:03+02	Author:  (kreutzm) <kreutzm at itp.uni-hannover.de>
> Title:         FHS
> Ticket ID:     #273
> Ticket URL:    http://bugs.pld.org.pl/?bug=273
> Package:       FHS-2.1-24
> Category:      bug in rpm's scripts
> Current state: opened
> Text:
>
> [root at zubi root]# apt-get install FHS
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be upgraded
>   FHS
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/28.3kB of archives. After unpacking 209kB will be used.
> Executing RPM (-Uv)...
> Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
> installing package FHS-2.1-24 needs 2Kb on the /home filesystem
> Sub-process /bin/rpm returned an error code (2)
>
> This fails if no /home/users is present

We try slowly move from using apt to poldek as frontend on rpm for
managing packages simple because apt for rpm development condition is
not good in last time and seems more than half year ago was stop.
This program seems need deep rework and noone want to perform this :>

So please look at poldek also .. which is not only my favorit frontend for
managing packahges :o) [1]

Above oesn't metter at all if poldek also will fail by do not perform
checking avalable free size/inodes before install/upgrade packages (this
can be performed even before downloading packages).

(I'm Cc: to Paweł Gajda poldek author) Paweł how it looks in poldek case ?

[1] looking on ftp statistics on main ftp server poldek seems now is more
than three times offen used than apt :)

kloczek