alsa and pld 1.0

Filip Kaliński filon at pld.org.pl
Mon Jun 10 13:56:01 CEST 2002

On day Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:47:43PM +0200, Jakub Bogusz wrote what follows:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:44:25PM +0200, Filip Kaliński wrote:
> > Many of it doesn't really depend an alsa, but on SDL.
> > SDL is linked with all of its plugins, so ld links also SDL-dependant
> > programs with it...
> >
> > I'm going do make SLD use dynamicly loaded plugins (and it's almost done),
> > but I have problems with automake.
> >
> > I have AM_CONDITIONAL(ENABLE_MODULAR, ... ) in configure.in and I want to have
> >
> > if ENABLE_MODULAR
> > lib_LTLIBARAIES=libfoo.la
> > libfoo_la_LDADD=-lbar
> > else
> > noninst_LTILIBRARIES=libfoo.la
> > endif
> >
> > in Makefile.am for plugins, but it doesn't work, automake wants to define both
> > of ..._LTLIBRARIES and screams that it is alredy defined (while parsing second) :-(
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve it?
>
> Defining empty lib_LTLIBRARIES (in second case) and noninst_LTLIBRARIES
> (in first case) doesn't help?

Now I cannot check, but I think it wouldn't work.
lib_LTLIBRARIES and noninst_LTLIBRARIES define the same: that
library libfoo should be built, bot in secodn case not installed.

So automake will tell me that this library is already defined to build
(tha same that with previous).

The problem is that automake, when making makefile.in defines both
..._LTLIBRARYs _unconditionaly_.

--
Filip Kaliński <filon at pld.org.pl>