Can someone make a small fix to mc?

Jarosław Kamper jack at jack.eu.org
Tue Nov 5 17:02:47 CET 2002

Dnia wto 5. listopad 2002 10:58, Bartosz Jakubski napisał:
> Can someone make a small patch to mc fixing /etc/profile.d/mc.sh so that
> it'll contain
>         if [ "$CONFIG_DIR" = "" ]; then
> instead of
>         if [ "$CONFIG_DIR" == "" ]; then
> ?
>
> Current version doesn't work with zsh, I tested new one with zsh and
> bash. I'm not shell expert so I'm not sure if it's correct...

[jack at pldworkstation jack]$ ziew=ZIEW && if [ "$ziew" = "" ]; then echo OK;
else echo FAILED; fi
FAILED
[jack at pldworkstation jack]$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

But I think there is something sucking in /etc/profile:

for i in /etc/profile.d/*.sh ; do
        if [ -x $i ]; then
                . $i
        fi
done

It will be always run whatever shell will be used. In the /etc/profile.d/
there are also scripts *.csh which never (I think) will be used. There is
also case $SH where some scripts.$SH could be placed.

--
Jarosław Kamper <jack at jack.eu.org>