perl modules licenses

Radoslaw Zielinski radek at karnet.pl
Tue Aug 26 14:50:29 CEST 2003

Bartek Jakubski <migo at supernet.com.pl> [26-08-2003 12:18]:
> Does "same terms as Perl itself" means
> 1. "GPL/Artistic"
> 2. "Artistic or GPL"
> 3. "GPL v1+ or Artistic"
> 4. "GPL v2+ or Artistic"
> ?

Perl is copyrighted as "GPL v1+ or Artistic".  About a year ago,
"GPL/Artistic" was commonly used in the License fields to mean "same
terms as Perl".

Now, if a module is distributed under such terms, I put "GPL/Artistic"
in the License and a comment "# same as perl" above, to make it easily
distinguishable.

Maybe we should put "same as perl" or something like this in the
License fields?

It sucks...

PS  Debian's FTP admins drop such packages.

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek at karnet.pl>
[ GPG key: http://radek.karnet.pl/ ]