SPECS: tutos.spec (HEAD)

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld.org.pl
Tue Feb 11 23:47:11 CET 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 04:04:45PM +0100, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
> --->[Quoting Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld.org.pl>:]
> > So  directory  must  be  added  to  some  package  (probably
> > webserver, i.e.  apache) first,  and web  applications moved
> > there (all, not  only tutos; moving just one  is making mess
> > bigger than now).
> >
> > There  was   proposal  of  /home/services/httpd/applications
> > directory  and some  discussion (see  pld-devel-pl archive),
> > but it has faded out.
>
> Ok, so let us finally  decide: I propose 'services' directory,
> because it  is similiar  to /home/services  and it  is shorter
> than 'applications' - who has  any objections, please take the
> floor now.

Double "services" in path don't look nice to me...
Maybe "apps" - it's even shorter :)

I think that it's better to place that dir under
/home/services/httpd, not /home/services/httpd/html - so one can use
/home/services/httpd/html as DocumentRoot (even temporarily for sites
not finished yet) and don't automatically make access to some web apps
under arbitrary URL.
(apps should be accessible through aliases or vhosts defined in .conf
file, provided with package and included from httpd.conf - it's already
done in some packages)

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://www.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/