updating geninitrd

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Thu Oct 2 13:38:43 CEST 2003

I'm still trying to update to PLD (and it's mainly going OK), but I'm
running into a bit of a snag:

1.) XFree86-4.3.99.11-0.3 keeps giving me
``Unsupported relocation type 10'' before signal 11

This has something to do with ELF, but I've updated all of my ELF-related
utilities (I think--elfutils, ELFkickers, libelf).  Something on Google
said something about the rc.init files, so I went to install geninitrd,
but it complains about

2.) busybox-initrd

which doesn't exist, yet.  Any ideas when it'll be added?  Finally,
geninitrd complains that kernel-2.4.9-40 wants mkinitrd, which is fine.
I'm running 2.4.21.  But when I go to remove the old kernel, I get a
dependency for iptables.  But when I try to upgrade iptables, I get a
dependency:

3.) kernel(netfilter) = 1.2.8

Now, CONFIG_NETFILTER=y.  Do I need something else?

--
|Andrew A. Gill                       |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<superluser at frontiernet.net>         |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|Nothing here yet: <http://www.needsfoodbadly.com>    Temporary sig: --

TIA.