SOURCES: pldcpan.pl - use more macros

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Dec 1 19:52:13 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:00:36PM +0100, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
> Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux.org> [01-12-2004 11:34]:
> > On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:30:28AM +0000, radek wrote:
> [...]
> >> -Source0:	http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/[% pdir %]/[% tarname_unexp %]
> >> +Source0:	http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/%{pdir}/[% tarname_unexp %]
> [...]
> > These expands were intentional, see changelog.
>
> Hm.
>
>   revision 1.21
>   date: 2004/11/03 21:57:37;  author: ankry;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -4
>   - be gpm-friendly
>
> Come on, we have 1439 perl-*.spec files today.  They have to be managed
> automatically, unless you have a spare eternity to copy&paste these URIs
> by hand.  Get yourself some kind of wrapper (using specparser.pl, for
> example).

And what these macros in Source URLs improve for automatical processing
when spec is already created?
Unification does matter, but not presence of these macros in URLs.

Not all changes can be done automatically and I'm rather doing
individual changes in single specs, sometimes needing to check another
version(s) of certain package.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/