Enlightenment 0.16.7.1 menu generation problem

Przemysław Iskra sparky at servek.sparky.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 7 17:24:30 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 04:46:17PM +0100, Robert Kurowski wrote:

> And as I mentioned earlier, I've got no Applications.menu

I've created new user to test it and you're right.
1. Run enlightenment: error
2. Run vfmg by hand: no file Applications.menu
3. Run enli.: error
4. Run GNOME: creates ~/.config/menus/applications.menu
5. Run enli.: OK, no error

The problem is that vfmg looks to ~/.config/menus/applications.menu
and creates menu using this file, this creates only unnecesary submenu,
and does nothing, I was trying to change menus in gnome, add new menu
and other things and this file isn't changing, I think vfmg shouldn't
look into this file, at last PLD version of vfmg... what do you think ?
KDE don't mess anything...

Fix:
SOURCES/enlightenment-e_gen_menu
44:
-ln -s menus/Applications.menu $EDirUser/file.menu
+ln -s menus/index.menu $EDirUser/file.menu

and the rest should be fixed in vfmg

For developers, one more thing:
R: ImageMagic-codec-png in enlightenment.spec

P.S. Shall I send patch'es ?

--
 ____  Sparky{PI] -- Przemyslaw _  ___  _  _  ..Mail,MSN  LANG...Pl..Ca..Es..En
/____) ___  ___  _ _ || Iskra  |  | _ \| |  | : GG...3228100  WWW..NotYetAvible