SPECS (AC-branch): glibc.spec - workaround to be able upgrade

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Mon Dec 20 22:07:47 CET 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 11:28, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> > looks like dead end, only way to solve it is dependancy of package
> > containing static binary.
>
> This is the reason the "base" packages (like glibc, FHS, setup, etc.) do
> not contain %pre/%post shell scripts.
> The only acceptable script may be a LUA script.
> Or just a static binary program call.

ok. is this better?

http://glen.alkohol.ee/pld/glibc/diff.2.patch
http://glen.alkohol.ee/pld/glibc/glibc-LD-path.c

altho i'm not sure how that small script should be called.

one more idea slipped into my mind how to make this more clean. it is to
update that .c program to scan director(ies) for libc*.so and if the version
is different than tobeinstalled glibc rename those files, and that only for
dirs that aren't in tobeinstalled glibc itself.

comments?

--
glen