SPECS: subversion.spec - tools subpackage Requires: bash-completio...

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Wed Jul 14 22:40:24 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:28:42PM +0200, wrobell wrote:
> if  I  remember well,  there  was  a discussion  about  such
> requirement  in  the  context  of zsh.  the  requirement  is
> unnecessary, because if you  have no bash completion package
> installed, then  you will not  use provided files.  this way
> the directory  is not required  and lack of  the requirement
> does not break anything.
>
> now, the requirement forces you to install the package, which is
> not good idea - there are people who do not need bash, but use
> the tools (now - tool - to be very specific)

Well, that's a good point, but when I was adding this Requires field I
was thinking of a situation where we would end up having
/etc/bash_completion.d/subversion file but /etc/bash_completion.d
directory not belonging to any of the packages. If such situation is
acceptable, I see no reasons to keep this Reqires. As I wrote in
commitlog, I was not sure of this being correct.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.