SPECS: sqlite3.spec (NEW) - cp sqlite sqlite3 (following authors p...

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Mon Nov 1 21:57:15 CET 2004

On Monday 01 of November 2004 21:43, havner wrote:

> > sqlite version 3.0.8 *not* sqlite3 version 3.0.8.
>
> havner at sirius havner $ rpm -ql sqlite3-devel | grep lib
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.la
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc
And here we see library name not package name, so at least your commit log is
incorrect.

> > There packages were prepared according to our rules - see db.spec,
> > db4.spec, db3.spec, db2.spec, db1.spec. Did these rules changed? - if
> > yes, then we need to fix all db* spec files.
> >
> > Now revert what you broke or move to AC-branch.
>
> I won't revert it.
>
> havner at sirius SPECS $ grep sqlite db*
rotfl ;)

> havner at sirius SPECS $
>
> I will fix db* if you'll point me what to fix.

We need clear rule first (or not and everyone makes what he thinks is best).

db are named in the way that:
- db.spec contains latest version
- dbX.spec contains db-X.Y.Z library (and which is not latest)

gtk+ on the other hand is different:
- gtk+.spec - old 1.X
- gtk+2.spec - new 2.X
3.X would be gtk+3.spec

You seem to follow gtk+ rule names. If we will follow gtk+ rulles then we need
to: mv db.spec db42.spec; mv db1.spec db.spec and stop doing these ugly hacks
with soname changes (that were introduced to get easy -ldb linking).
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/