SPECS: sqlite3.spec (NEW) - cp sqlite sqlite3 (following authors p...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Mon Nov 1 23:24:59 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:36:45PM +0100, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at pld-linux.org> [01-11-2004 22:26]:
> > On Monday 01 of November 2004 22:20, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
> >> Good reason: you don't have to change a package's name, only add the new
> >> one.  Mess with apache would be way smaller if we had apache2.spec...
> > apache is another beast because correct program name is ,,httpd'' so there
> > should be httpd.spec but mistake was made and it's better to fix it after Ac.

httpd is whole class of software, so this name would be too common.
So rather apache-httpd.spec, if you insist, but...

> Well, the program is usually referred to as "apache".  (+-)Everyone
> knows what Apache is...  ``httpd? Which one?''

IMO they changed it because httpd is not the only product of the Apache
Software Foundation now.

But I'd suggest to stick with apache.spec for apache 2 (as long as
compatibility is retained). Changing base name of multiple packages
(and from multiple specs) causes too much mess.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/