strange multisession DVD behaviour after closing the disc.

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Fri Nov 12 13:56:18 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, [ISO-8859-2] Marcin Król wrote:
> > Have you got any idea about this behaviour?
> Just a blind shot: most of the dvd recording software is complaining
> that DVDs should not be written in multisession mode or they may be
> inaccessible. Dunno why though.

It's device-feature.

It's easy to write multi-session DVD, but reading it is really not easy -
drive has to support some feature (I don't remember the name now) which
allows to read. Interesting thing: most of DVD-writers lack this feature.

I am writing such a DVDs but I know only 2 drives that allow me to read
them :)

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski