curl and --with heimdal

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Tue Nov 16 15:48:49 CET 2004

I tried to build php4 on my home system and ecounter followin problem:

There's a bcond to turn off heimdal support in curl, yet by default it's
'with'. But there's problem with generated dependencies:

[adamg at ep09 RPMS]$ rpm -qpR curl-7.12.2-1.i686.rpm | grep heimdal
heimdal-libs
[adamg at ep09 RPMS]$ rpm -qpR curl-devel-7.12.2-1.i686.rpm | grep heimdal
[adamg at ep09 RPMS]$

What's odd is that there are appropriate lines in curl.spec:

$ grep -A 10 '%package devel' curl.spec
%package devel
library
Summary(pl):    Pliki nagwkowe i dokumentacja do biblioteki curl
Summary(pt_BR): Arquivos de cabealho e bibliotecas de desenvolvimento
Summary(ru):          curl
Summary(uk):          curl
Group:          Development/Libraries
Requires:       %{name} = %{version}-%{release}
Requires:       libidn-devel >= 0.4.1
%{?with_heimdal:Requires:       heimdal-devel}
%{?with_ssl:Requires:   openssl-devel >= 0.9.7c}
$

How come dependcy on heimdal-devel is not generated? openssl is handled
correctly, it fails on that heimdal (and then there is unresolved
dependency on libgssapi.la in libcurl.la).

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.