SPECS: postgresql.spec - rel up

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Wed Nov 17 23:10:29 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 10:57:35PM +0100, Marcin Król wrote:
> >Up where? Write "rel 4", s'il vous plait.
>
> Sorry. I saw such logs somtime in past and typed it automagically :) BTW
> "increased package release number to 4 due to changes made" will be bad
> too? ;-)

Yep, that would be interpreted as a denial-of-service attack on our cvs.
By using unnecessary long commitlogs you'd be trying to fillup disk space
on cvs machine - CVSadmins would disable your write access. They have
experience in such situations - few months ago there was one guy who
tried that trick.

And by telling you such a long story instead of simply replaying 'yes' I
am performing such an attack aimed at our mailing list server. Shortly
after ths mail is read by listadmins I'll probably be banned from all
the lists I am subscribed to.

PS: Sorry, I'm having hopeless laboratories tomorrow that I have big
changes not to pass. I'm just trying to relax ;)

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.