SPECS: template-kernel-module.spec - %%releq_kernel_up/smp added

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Fri Nov 19 01:04:24 CET 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 12:54:46AM +0100, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> pluto wrote:
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - %%releq_kernel_up/smp added (for proper use with requires(...)).
>
> Hmmm, bump of rpmbuild(macros) required ?
> (in rpm.spec and here, in BR ...)

Maybe not yet?
I have some improvements to these macros to provide better EXTRAVERSION
support (so we could put "-%{release}" and "-smp" there, if we want[1] -
this allows to install two releases/types of the same main version of
kernel).

[1] RFC, BTW
Works for me in 2.4.27.
"-smp" requires small additional hack in <linux/version.h> to build
external modules properly.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/