[AC] automount -TERM

Caleb pld at alerque.com
Fri Oct 1 16:37:36 CEST 2004

I have don't speak polish but ran into the same problem two days ago.

on line 114 of the autofs init script the line "automount -TERM" is
bogus. The automount command doesn't have an argument like that -- I
think this should read "killall automount -TERM"

There are other problems with the autofs.init as well. If the daemon
doesn't let go of it's mount point properly on a restart the script will
think that it has successfully started the daemon again when really it's
dead and gone. Unfortunatly there is little output from the automount
program itself to indicate that it failed except for the fact that it's
no longer running!

Caleb