poldek SEGV when --up

Pawel A. Gajda mis at k2.net.pl
Sat Oct 2 11:54:00 CEST 2004

Saturday 02/10/2004  0:33:40, Tomasz Pala:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 21:42:04 +0200, Pawel A. Gajda wrote:
> > main config (/etc/poldek/poldek.conf or $HOME/.poldekrc) -- for security
> > reasons (maybe to paranoid for non-remote files?) [global] sections from
> > included files are ignored.
>
> That's that. Thanks. And if so, default configs mislead.

Done. I've just made new snap with fixed all 20040930's bugs reported by you
and wolf:

http://team.pld.org.pl/~mis/poldek/download/snapshots/poldek-0.19.0-cvs20041002.tar.bz2

> > Thanks for testing.
>
> Great tool, now with pipes in command line, changing sources at
> run-time, new indexes..., well -- it rocks.
>
> A few more questions:
> - can poldek use proxy by it's own now (without changing fetcher)?

Yes, proxy could be set by "proxy" param:

proxy = PROTO[,PROTO...]: URL

ex: proxy = http,ftp: http://w3cache.foo.bar.com:3128

> - is there any $HOME/.poldekrc being read (it was in older one)?

Yes, nothing's changed. BTW the old config syntax (source = ,
http_get =, etc) is still supported.

> - what about home_etc (I did have ~/etc/.poldek_history, now ~/)?

Nothing; patches are welcome :)

> - did you think about something like 'distributed poldek' -- servers
>   runnning at remote hosts, operator runs one master process which
>   connects with all the servers (in the manner of changing sources)
>   and query them.

Yes, but it's rather huge task comparing to my permanent lack of spare time.
Maybe this will be next thing to do after stable release of current branch,
but can't say when.