dl.sf.net doesn't work ;)

Marcin Król krol at wsb-nlu.edu.pl
Tue Oct 12 20:30:29 CEST 2004

The Undefined wrote:
> There are some problems with used by our scripts dl.sf.net
> in example url:
> http://dl.sourceforge.net/freemat/FreeMat-1.08.tar.gz
>
> pointed to
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freemat/FreeMat-1.08.tar.gz
>
> sometimes works, sometimes not redirecting only to
> failedmirror=umn.dl.sourceforge.net ..

True. dl.sourceforge.net URLs will redirect scipt/user/wget/whatever to
random sourceforge mirror, from which almost all are not allowing direct
file accessing, but are serving some damn html page "to clik on for
download".

> what do with this?

For now, use heanet.dl.sourceforge.net, it still is working ok. For
future, make our scripts "click" that damn link on that damn html which
is served instead of file :)

M.