New bug tracking system proposition for PLD

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Oct 14 15:43:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

Our http://bugs.pld-linux.org/ is down for some time now. That is not
good. PLD needs some bug tracking system. That is why i decided to
provide my hardware for one and adapt Flyspray for our needs.

Now my proposition is available for testing at: https://pldbugs.bnet.pl/

That is Flyspray patched so categories in bug reports were changed to
package names and operating system to hardware architecture. Flyspray
allows hierarchical categories, so the packages may be categorized.
Database schema is not changed. I have only made one of the table a view
to two other, PLD-specific tables.

I have managed to add two bug reports to the system so it seems to work
somehow now :-), but it is not finished.

TODO:
  - update all messages. Now only english messages are updated for the
    interface changes.
  - test everything.
  - prepare mechanisms for synchronising packages and categories with
    our CVS/FTP
  - make the same for package versions and update UI so the packages
    are versioned, not projects.

I would like to modify flyspray minimally -- include only the required
changes, so maintaining and upgrading the system will be easy.

So, test it please, and send me any questions/comments/iprovement
requests.

Later today I will try to upload the engine to our Subversion
repository.

Greets,
	Jacek