SPECS: clamav.spec - merged epoch 0 from RA-branch

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Oct 21 00:09:42 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 10:35:00PM +0200, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, havner wrote:
> > >
> > > It is needed as effect of previous changes: dependencies contains epoch.
> >                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > But epoch 0 is default. There is a question though. Does "default" means
> > that %{epoch} is set even if it's not given, or it only means that
> > resulting package has epoch 0? According to this change I assume that
> > second option is correct.
>
> On earlier rpms from AC and current from RA it was not so simple. If epoch
> was not set in package - it was undefined. Epoch=0 was not the same with
> epoch not set at all.
>
> Why qboosh set it on HEAD - dunno. Ask him :)
>
> Anyway - this change is needed on branch and I doubt if it's needed on
> HEAD...

We should avoid creating messy specs.
If epoch is not defined, don't use it; if you want to use it, define it
and use _consequently_.

Yes, Ac rpm is hacked to define epoch 0 by default.
But it's not an excuse to create mess.
It's even not sure if this patch will remain forever - it's not applied
upstream (AFAIK).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/