SPECS: clamav.spec - merged epoch 0 from RA-branch

Pawel Sakowski pawel at sakowski.eu.org
Thu Oct 21 13:07:39 CEST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Pawel Sakowski wrote:
> Hmm... it seems that simply adding "%epoch 0" to the rpm macros file does the
> job -- making the whole rpm-epoch0.patch unnecessary. I wonder why this
> solution hasn't occured to me when I was writing the patch (must have been
> the winter time).

A fix is available in release 38 (for Ac, STBR). So, dependencies
'foo = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}' resolve correctly, even is Epoch
isn't explicitly set. Note that to use this feature you should add
BuildRequires: rpmbuild(macros) >= 1.164 (or be prepared to respond to bug
reports from users of older rpms).