PHP in Ra

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Thu Oct 21 18:14:39 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:23:29AM +0200, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> Are there any objections against upgrade PHP in Ra (probably -security) to
> 4.3.8 :
> - any incompatibilities to deal with
> - any upgrade problems
> ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but there were some modules removed between
4.2.3 (what we have in Ra) and 4.3.8/9 (what we'd like to have).

Oh, I found it, here's part of 4.3.0 ChangeLog:

# Removed extensions: (Jan, Jani, Sebastian)

    * ext/aspell
    * ext/ccvs
    * ext/cybercash
    * ext/icap
    * sapi/fastcgi
    * sapi/fhttpd

# Moved extensions to PECL (http://pear.php.net/): (James, Derick)

    * ext/vpopmail
    * ext/cybermut

But, hmm, it looks like we have neither of these in Ra.

But still, between these two version there were a lot of changes and
some scripts may simply stop working.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.