new stable mysql series: 4.1

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Oct 27 11:39:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

4.1 series of mysql database is now considered to be stable. It contains few
new and very nice features like subqueries:
http://www.mysql.com/products/mysql/
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Nutshell_4.1_features.html

Of course soname has changed and there is one very small API change:
mysql_shutdown(X) -> mysql_shutdown(X,SHUTDOWN_DEFAULT).

Do we want it in AC? (I would say yes but...).

Things that are interesting for us
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Upgrading-from-4.0.html

There is also new feature - NDB engine for Mysql Cluster which allows to split
storage engine and management into few servers.

Anyone is invited for testing - compiled version is on ftp in testing area.
Note that you need to install mysql-libs via rpm -ivh to keep old one, too.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/