new stable mysql series: 4.1

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Wed Oct 27 14:46:31 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > Most important thing for ordinary user is problem with password.
> > Upgrade is needed...
> No, you can run server with --old-passwords.

no, you can't use new-form passwords in that moment.
You can't make smooth upgrade...
You can't make smooth switch to new passwords. It's most painful thing. I
have to set new password for every client I have. Change every database
call. And make it in one moment...

It's really strange that they haven't foreseen it...

BTW - after upgrade we should start server with that uption "on"...

> > And UTF :-/ Could be really problematic, but features are really
> > nice...
> Yes, same as postgresql in some cases - dump && reload.

well... not nice...

until now mysql was only SQL which did not required that :(

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski