installer and kernel... something is messed in 2.6.8-4

Marcin Król krol at wsb-nlu.edu.pl
Sun Oct 31 21:55:49 CET 2004

I've noticed a problem while testing installer. geninitrd was failing
when I was installing with / placed on soft raid5. The reason of failure
was "/lib/modules/2.6.8-4/modules.dep: no such file or directory".
Reading the install log says "memory fault" when executing %post for
kernel, probably on depmod. Installation works ok with root on raid0 or
raid1. Its failing only with raid5. Changing kernel packages back to
2.6.7-3 has fixed problem, but thats not the way...
So, if any kernel guru has time to check&fix it... ;-)

M.