X11@DEVEL: libraries and font packages done in X11.spec

Piotr Szymanski djurban at pld-dc.org
Tue Sep 14 21:26:13 CEST 2004

Hello,
RFC for the following changes:
I. libraries:
X11-libs to become a metapackage that would require the following packages:
X11-libXtrans
X11-libXdmcp
X11-libXau
X11-libX11
X11-libXext
X11-libXrender
X11-libXcursor
X11-libXft
X11-libICE
X11-libSM
X11-libXt
X11-libXmu
X11-libXrandr
X11-libXfont
X11-libXpm
X11-libXaw
X11-libXv
X11-libXi
Each with:
Provides: lib{Sm,Ice,etc} = %{libsm,ice,etc_ver}
Is it ok? I would really like to use this situation to make the foundations of
xlibs<->X11 coexistance.

II. fonts
A big deal of fonts is now being installed from tarballs in X11.spec, should i
move them from X11-fonts to X11.spec ?

Apart from that I have pretty much finished with qboosh's help, i need someone
to finish the todo (config auth being fixed and  aflinta needs to tell me
about the patch).
Also I'm goin to make libXau a shared lib not a static one like it is now.
--
Piotr Szymanski
djurban at pld-linux.org