SPECS: net-tools.spec - added get_name patch

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Fri Sep 17 15:19:28 CEST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > Another question - I've seen ifconfig on *BSD. It's still developed
> > there and they do not use any iproute2 or anything like that. Does
> > anyone knows where can we find their sources, what is the name of
> > their package that contains it? I can't find it. It would be nice to
> > replace our ifconfig with that fixed one... if it can be done :)
> Does it use netlink for communication with kernel? If not then just
> forget about it - it's not worth doing anything with it.

I've got better thing.

Inside inetutils is written new ifconfig. Looks good. I've build it,
works, but... is really raw. Not finished... only v4 for now...

good thing is that it can be called to give output like in other systems
(i.e.: solaris) or few new. There is easy to add new formats... well...

I can be good in future. For now that ifconfig is avaible only in their
cvs...

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski