SPECS: X11.spec - patch to use nl_langinfo, instead of an internal...

Paweł Sakowski pawel at sakowski.eu.org
Sun Sep 26 01:41:58 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 23:35 +0000, saq wrote:
> Author: saq                          Date: Sat Sep 25 23:35:45 2004 GMT
> Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> ---- Log message:
> - patch to use nl_langinfo, instead of an internal list, to obtain the
>   charset being used (as bcond_with glibc_charset)

Whoever's interested is kindly requested to test this patch'es behavior.
It is supposed to fix the problems where glibc and X don't agree on the
charset being used. To me it seems to work fine.

The things that most need testing are:
- make sure that the behavior didn't change (for worse :( ) for typical
cases where glibc and X agreed well on the charset (e.g. pl_PL implied
to be in ISO 8859-2). Primum non nocere.
- the fonts made available (as defined
by /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/*/XLC_LOCALE) -- are they OK

| Paweł Sakowski <pawel at sakowski.eu.org>            Never trust a man  |
|                            who can count up to 1023 on his fingers.  |