%useradd/%groupadd macros

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Fri Apr 8 23:15:55 CEST 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 00:02, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> Dnia 08-04-2005, pią o godzinie 23:57 +0300, Elan Ruusamäe napisał(a):
> > version three
> > http://glen.alkohol.ee/pld/useradd-3.txt
>
> Good job.
thanks :)

> > this macro works with assumption that only -c option is used with space.
> > i haven't yet seen any package having other options with space. so i
> > guess it's ready to go to cvs?
>
> Just being curious...
> Isn't there a way to quote spaced arguments? At which point are quotes
> stripped, packaging or script execution?
1. and there's no way to quote at all. for rpm parser word begins/ends with
space/tab

i tested backslashes %{nil} and everything that came to my mind. also asked
this list (see mail archives: 23.02.2005 22:38 "rpm macro functions")

2. it's not quotes stripped. just word parsing just when parser sees a space
it's ending that word. if you put the backslash, you will have the backslash
in output. but the next word is in %2, not in %{-c*}

--
glen