Vim

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Wed Apr 27 22:02:25 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:31:18PM +0200, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
> > While I use python mainly and do not use perl unless I have to. Aredridel uses
> > ruby (it's another, recently quite popular language). No idea who uses tcl
> > here.
>
> So who _does_ actually use those languages _in vim_?
> (just in vim, I'm not asking about other purposes here)

I do. I was playing around with various vim scripts some of them
required perl - one of them is called vimirc, the other one (more
useful), context complete.

> The problem is that binaries are directly linked to language-specific
> libraries, without plugins system.

And in lack of appropriate packaging policy. Would be great if we
prepared such document, describing (even roughly) what should be done in
such situations.

Specifically, when do we know (it varies, I know) if given feature is
not needed by default? Probably not when it is not needed by any other
specs, since I could force my likings creating tiny spec file (e.g. for
vimirc).

Any suggestions?

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.