mirrors

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Fri Apr 29 11:42:49 CEST 2005

Elan =?iso-8859-2?q?Ruusam=E4e?= wrote:

> On Monday 25 April 2005 12:22, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:
> > Putting sth in mirrors causes that ONLY the first entry will be used.
> > Which one you choose? Why this?
> > Everything stops working when it goes into maintenance mode...
> then ./builder, pldnotify.awk should be fixed, to use *all* mirror urls.
> and axel supported different parallel downloads from different urls!

I am not sure that this is a good idea.
mirrors file was intended for local configuration, to fasten fetching
sources. Changing its interpretation ("nothing will work without a specific
entry", "round-robin for entries") does not seem to me to be a good idea.

Also it may cause problems with automatic build (eg.: sb decided to use a
specific cvs release of the mirors file and autobatic build is performed;
should mirrors file be fetched or not?).

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz               ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology