passwdgen

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Sun Aug 7 15:15:26 CEST 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 12:42:19PM +0200, maHo wrote:
> On 8/7/05, Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at bnet.pl> wrote:
> [ciach]
>
> So, what should I do to use passwdgen (I don't understand that
> enthropy things in our discussion). Should I feed /dev/random with
> some data? (cat somefile >/dev/random ?)

> or should I use another password generator?

For all those who are not paranoid enough (including me) - passwdgen-2.2-4
(should be available on your favourite ftp mirror soon) was patched to
allow usage of /dev/urandom instead of /dev/random. Just use -u switch:

$ time ./passwdgen -u -a
Your password is: dumuoix

real    0m0.011s
user    0m0.005s
sys     0m0.006s
$

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.