SPECS: mono.spec - handle rpm mono provides/requires - rel 2

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Thu Aug 11 22:21:15 CEST 2005

On Thu 11. of August 2005 21:42, Bartosz Taudul wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 09:38:21PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > why thse are in /usr/bin, while other similiar scripts are
in /usr/lib/rpm?
> Mono places them there. If it's good or not is open to discussion.
I suppose that /usr/bin/mono-find-{provides,requires} are not called directly
by admin or users but only from other programs (from rpm in this case). In
such situation, in accordance with FHS 2.3 they should go to %{_libdir}/rpm/

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRLIBLIBRARIESFORPROGRAMMINGANDPA
<quote>
/usr/lib : Libraries for programming and packages
Purpose

/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries that are not
intended to be executed directly by users or shell scripts.
</quote>

--
Tomasz Wittner