http://ftp.pld-linux.org/ via proxy

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Mon Aug 29 09:16:28 CEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 05:06:05PM +0200, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> > ftp.pld-linux.org points to something else than
> > ep09.pld-linux.org. I just checked and it's probably ftp mirror at
> > icpnet. If you'd like to use http based access to ftp, use
> > ftp1.pld-linux.org which allways points to ep09.
>
> Hey, I don't care what points where, anyway it changes too often (maybe
> some ftp-current-dns-settings.rpm? ;P) and that's why DNS has been
> invented.

But DNS changes too, and the idea behind recent changes was to bring us
to the situation where querying for ftp.pld-linux.org gives us a server
that is theoretically best for us.

> I-the-user just want to have http access (as poldek doesn't
> work with proxy on ftp://) and it WAS working, now something was broken.

fill a bug report :)
But you're right, http access should work on all of our official ftp
mirrors. And as I see, it works everywhere except ftp4, which currently
has problems with its hdds.

> > Or bug ftp admins to configure their httpd ...
>
> Now it's even better:
>
> ~:  wget -O - http://ftp.pld-linux.org
> --17:05:26--  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/
> ~:  ping ftp.pld-linux.org
> PING ftp.pld-linux.org (149.156.143.253) 56(84) bytes of data.
> >From 149.156.6.33 icmp_seq=2 Packet filtered

And I guess that's because tunnel between Cracow University of
Technology and ep09 was down for some reasons (temporary problems?)

Anyway http://ftp5.pld-linux.org/ is now working.

--
http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer   | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.