ANN: Closing AC

Marcin Król hawk at limanowa.net
Sat Dec 10 21:11:50 CET 2005

> The time has almost come.

That can't be... ;)

> There will be one more bigger move from ready to main but it will be the last
> one. Futher updates to main tree won't be allowed unless it's important
> bugfix or missing package.

And we'll finish the way Ra did.

> If installer isn't (and won't) be ready - well, we can't do anything about
> that. The release can be delayed even few months but non bugfix updates still
> won't be allowed.

Installer is almost ready. It works fine enough for me (anyone else is
using it?). The only thing to do now is to finish update of package
groups, update iso-priority files and generate ISO images.

> Kernel 2.6.14.x will be main one for Ac.

All the bugs that were reported were also fixed?

> Deadline for any updates before closing is ~ 20 dec 2005 (in some worse cases
> 31 dec 2005). AC builder request access will be revoked at that time for most
> people.

I hope my access will remain :) Its required for release bumps when
something goes to Ra.

> It's time to start playing with PLD Th.

Yes, it is indeed. How about making Th "always in developement" like it
was proposed on devel-pl (or discuss, I'm not sure).

M.