ANN: Closing AC

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun Dec 11 14:44:26 CET 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 14:06:39 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> background for user but foreground for supervising process. We don't use it

I see. However I'm afraid there will be problems with services starting
a few different processes, like jabber (router, resolver, sn, c2s, s2s).

> I don't care about faster startup. I care only about one thing - start service
> again if it died.

Such watchdog can be simply created by croning `service [/etc/init.d/*]
status`.

Paralell startup can be nice feature on desktops - starting [kg]dm and
allowlogin before network/MTA/donkey/apache/*sql

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>        http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                    http://tccs.sourceforge.net/