ANN: Closing AC

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc at toya.net.pl
Tue Dec 13 01:09:11 CET 2005

Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 22:48:45 +0100, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
>
>> http://initng.thinktux.net/index.php/Boot_charts_Official
>>
>> First check, than argue.
>
> With pleasure. Just tell me what to install and I will do it on one of
> my backup systems.

I've tried once to make it run on PLD but failed to get the expected
results. I don't quite remember why... All I know is that I've abandoned
this...

You could give it a try: bootchart.org

>> remain simillar. The simplest reason I can think of (there are other
>> too) is that there are deamons whose startup is CPU bound (Apache?
>
> I'm aware of the reason and don't think I'll profit much.

There are still some that will just sit there and wait for sth. stupid
before starting. (and you can't start two of these at a time now)

> Well, unless we're talking about 486 and floppy...

Not everybody has RAID with ultra fast SCSI discs, dual core 64bit
processors and 8GB of RAM in every server. ;]

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa