PLD WWW

Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Dec 29 19:55:55 CET 2005

Dnia 28-12-2005, śro o godzinie 20:41 +0100, Adam Gołębiowski
napisał(a):
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 08:29:03PM +0100, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > I just fixed the PLD WWW website. Wiki should be editable again for
> > people using their old logins and new/edited page notifications should
> > get sent to the pld-cvs-commit at lists.pld-linux.org list instead of the
> > former @pld-linux.org (which seems to be defunct by now).
>
> Great! what was the problem?

Stalled transaction files with wrong file permissions - were present
while the system was copied for backup and moved.

I logged into the machine and followed the trace log that the site died
with, there is a section that saves a transaction and it waits for a
lock on your personal directory. It times out after 30 seconds or so and
dies with an exception (thus the trace log).

Used root to remove these and everything works fine again. (If not,
report problems as I am willing to fix those.)

--
Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>
PLD Linux