mysql 4.1 and postgresql 8.0.1 in AC - opinions request

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sun Feb 6 20:55:39 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:19:57PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for opinions about mysql 4.1 and postgresql 8.0.1 in AC.

Generally for...

> Before you write here about these please take look at:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/upgrading-from-4-0.html

I observed one more - I had small test database which was very old
(created by mysql 3.22 or so, mysql database haven't been rebuilt since
then) - and mysql 4.1 failed to use mysql database tables in ISAM format.

> and README from postgresql 8.0.

Which one? README in main directory doesn't tell too much.

TCL bindings must be packaged before postgresql upgrade in order to
replace current postgresql-tcl-* packages.

PS. db 4.3 anyone? ;)
jbj ships rpm 4.4 with db4.3.
I'm using almost-4.4 snapshot (from our CVS HEAD) with db4.2 without
any problems (so far).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/