AC-release-plans...

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Feb 9 23:04:18 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:16:55AM +0100, havner wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 03:35:34PM +0100, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, havner wrote:
[...]
> > > But what about this postgres and mysql? It's hard for me to take this
> > > kind of decision cause i don't use them (almost) at all.
> >
> > I think that IF you CAN release it in 1 month - postgres and mysql can
> > wait and be prepared for updates ASAP.
>
> I don't think so, during stable line it's too late to do such serious
> upgrades imo. Like i said, it's hard for me to take this decision, so
> what do you think? Is it worth? To not make RA mistakes...

postgresql 8.0 has the same lib sonames as 7.4, so it's no problem at
distro/dependencies POV (just users' problem with dump+restore).

"search -r libmysqlclient.so.12" gives 85 packages to rebuilt in
case of upgrade to 4.1.x (with libmysqlclient.so.14).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/