python

Michal Chruszcz troll at pld-linux.org
Mon Feb 14 21:29:03 CET 2005

It seems like on Monday 14 of February 2005 20:50, Elan Ruusamäe typed:
> hi
>
> i don't know why there's need to package both pyc and pyo,
> but i made macro that will hardlink them if they are identical.
> the identical state is detected with md5sum

The reason is simple: if python program is run with the -O (optimization)
switch it will include .pyo files, otherwise .pyc, as the .pyo files are
made by compilation using the very same -O switch. I'm definetely for
including those macros to our rpm. However, I would create a macro which
does all these things and put it to all pythonish specs.

BTW: I'm playing with the LFS in our python for ca. month, unfortunately, I
haven't managed to make it working. I tried many combinations of flags
mentioned at http://python.org/doc/current/lib/posix-large-files.html but
despite the fact they're applied during compilation time of python binary
it still doesn't work. Could Anybody [tm] have a look at this issue?
--
Michal Chruszcz -=- Seen at http://1lo.sanok.pl/~troll/gallery.php